Garmin has launched a new multi-sport watch in India called Fenix 5X Plus for the price of ₹79,990/-. You can purchase it from Amazon, Flipkart, Garmin Store, Paytm Mall and GearBest. Here are our initial impressive about this newly launched smartwatch:
Design and Display
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus features a 1.2-inch display with resolution of 240 * 240 pixels and pixel density of 283ppi. It features scratch-resistant domed sapphire lens and stainless steel or titanium bezels. It is an ultimate multisport GPS smartphone and helps you follow the best paths.
This Garmin smartwatch has Time/date, GPS Time Sync, Automatic daylight saving time, Alarm clock, Timer, Stopwatch, and Sunrise/sunset times features to gave you full watch experience along with fitness tracking.
It comes with inbuilt GPS, music storage and wrist-based Pulse Ox sensor to track blood oxygen saturation at higher altitudes. Thanks to 16GB internal memory, you can easily store and play up to 500 songs on the watch and connect with Bluetooth headphones. The smartphone includes the very useful ‘Find My Phone’ feature where you can find your connected smartphone via your watch.
The smartwatch comes with accurate activity tracking features. It is capable of tracking your distance, sleep quality, heart rate, steps taken as well as calories burned. With Garmin Fenix 5X Plus, you are going to enjoy advanced performance metrics. It also provide you Cardio & Strength workouts; Automatic rep counting features.
In terms of battery life, Garmin Fenix 5X Plus offers up to 18 days in smartwatch mode, up to 30 hours in GPS, up to 11 hours in GPS mode with music and on UltraTrac mode Up to 64 hours.
On the ground of sensors Garmin Fenix 5X Plus provide GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor, Barometric altimeter, Compass, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Thermometer, and Pulse Ox (with Acclimation).
- Outdoor Recreation Profiles: Hiking, Climbing, Mountain Biking, Skiing, Snowboarding, XC Skiing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Rowing, Kayaking, Jumpmaster, Tactical.
- Gym Activity Profiles: Strength, Cardio and Elliptical Training, Stair Stepping, Floor Climbing, Indoor Rowing and Yoga; including .
- Run Profiles: Running, Treadmill Running, Trail Running.
- Cycling Profiles: Biking, Indoor Biking, Mountain Biking, Triathlon.
- Swim Profiles: Pool Swimming, Open Water Swimming, Swimming/Running.
This Gramin Fenix 5X Plus provide you great features to track your all health activites:
- Daily Smart Features: Connect IQ (downloadable watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps), Smart notifications, Text response/reject phone call with text (Android only), Calendar, Weather, Controls smartphone music, Plays and controls watch music, Find My Phone or My Watch, VIRB Camera Remote & Compatible with Garmin Connect.
- Activity Tracking Features: Step counter, Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it), Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal), Sleep monitoring, Calories burned, Floors climbed, Distance traveled, Move IQ, Fitness Age (in app) & All-day Stress Tracking.
- Training, Planning and Analysis Features: GPS speed & distance, Customizable data pages, Customizable activity profiles, Auto Pause, Interval training, Advanced workouts, Downloadable training plans, Auto & Manual Lap, Configurable lap alerts, Training Status (lets you see if you’re training effectively by tracking your training history and fitness level trend), Training Load (your total training load for the last 7 days calculated from estimated EPOC), Training Effect (aerobic & anaerobic), Customizable alerts, Audio prompts, Finish time, Virtual Partner, Race an Activity, Auto multisport activities, Manual multisport activities, Course guidance, Segments (Live, Garmin), Strava features (Beacon, live segments), LiveTrack, Group LiveTrack, Round-trip course creator (running/cycling), Trendline Popularity Routing, Touch and/or button lock, Hot keys, Auto scroll and Activity history on watch.
- Heart Rate Features: HR zones, HR alerts, HR calories, % HR max, % HRR, Recovery time, Auto max HR, Records heart rate while swimming with HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim and broadcasts HR data over ANT+ to paired devices.
- Running Features: GPS-based distance, time and pace, Cadence (provides real-time number of steps per minute), Performance condition (after running 6–20 minutes, compares your real-time condition to your average fitness level), Run workouts, Race predictor and Foot pod capable.
- Golfing Features: Yardage to F/M/B (distance to front, middle and back of green), Yardage to layups/doglegs, Automatically measures shot distance (calculates exact yardage for shots from anywhere on course), Digital scorecard, Stat tracking (strokes, putts per round, greens and fairways hit), Garmin AutoShot, Auto CourseView updates, Green View with manual pin position, Hazards and course targets, TruSwing compatible and Round timer/odometer.
- Outdoor Recreation Features: Point-to-point navigation, Bread crumb trail in real time, Back to start, TracBack, UltraTrac mode, Around Me mode, Elevation profile, Distance to destination, Barometric trend indicator with Storm Alert, ClimbPro Ascent Planner, Trail run auto climb, Vertical speed, Total ascent/descent, Future elevation plot, Preloaded topographical maps, Downloadable cartography support, Compatible with BaseCamp, GPS coordinates, Projected waypoint, Sight ‘N Go, Dual grid coordinates and XERO Locations.
- Cycling Features: Courses, Bike lap and lap maximum power with power sensor, Race an activity, Time/distance alerts triggers alarm when you reach goal, Garmin Cycle Map (routable cycling-specific street map) and Speed and cadence sensor support with ANT+ & Bluetooth Smart sensors.
- Compatible with Vector (power meter)
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible third-party ANT+-enabled power meters)
- Compatible with Varia Vision (head-mounted display)
- Compatible with Varia radar (rear-facing radar)
- Compatible with Varia lights
- Swimming Features: Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories), Stroke type detection (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly), Swim efficiency (SWOLF), Drill logging, Pool swim workouts, Open-water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, stroke distance, calories) and Heart rate (real-time during rests, interval and session stats during rests, and automatic heart rate download post-swim) with HRM-Tri and HRM-Swim.
A quick look at specifications of Garmin Fenix 5X Plus:
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus Video via https://www.garmin.com/en-IN/:
What do you think about Garmin Fenix 5X Plus smartwatch? Let us know your views in the comments section below.
|Pair it with||Get Accessories|